To be eligible for entry into CIS programs and to access assistance, applicants who are past or present members of the ADF, or be a spouse, widow, widower or direct family member of an ADF service member and have sustained any mental or physical disability or permanent injury as a result of their service, must meet one or more of the following criteria:
Served at least one day in the Australian Defence Force
Served in an operational area after the Second World War and were allotted for duty in that operational area; or rendered war like service
Rendered service during the Second World War and incurred danger from hostile forces of the enemy during the period of hostilities (this criterion also applies to Australian mariners)
Served in an operational area after the Second World War and were allotted for duty, or were a member of a unit that was allotted for duty in that operational area; or have warlike service
Served on certain submarine special operations between 1978 and 1997 and were awarded, or were eligible to be awarded, the Australian Service Medal with the Special Operations Clasp
Have been awarded, or were eligible to be awarded, prescribed medals/clasps in respect of certain bomb clearance or minesweeping duties following the Second World War.
1. If applicants have a disability and are registered with DVA, they must provide their DVA white, orange, yellow or gold card (TPI). Alternatively, applicants may provide valid medical information if not registered with DVA.
2. Applicants are required to provide any relevant disability information and any information about any accommodations, adjustments or modifications that may be required for their participation in the program.
3. Applicants must not be on a leave of absence (e.g. deferred, working full time, etc.)
4. Applicants must be committed and prepared to participate fully in the program, be available to attend a student briefing conducted before starting the program.
5. Applicants must have full work rights in Australia
6. Applicants must be unemployed (6 months without continuous employment).
SERVING THOSE WHO SERVED
Get in touch
CIS is here to help provide assistance to those in need. Get in contact today.